国际 Climate Change Law and Policy
Wednesday, 10 June 2020 — Wednesday, 8 July 2020
位置： Free Online Short Course |
功夫: 2-3 hours per week |
成本: FREE - Certificate for US$49 |
Learn about the evolution and architecture of international law and policy to combat climate change. Take a close look at the 2015 Paris Agreement (UNFCCC) from both a legal and economic perspective.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
国际 Climate Change Law and Policy will discuss a range of controversial debates, reflecting the highly politicised nature of international Climate Change Law.
The course is of particular interest to professionals in environmental and resources sectors, public policy, government sector, non-government sector and private sector (e.g. sustainability consulting).
- Critically assess the causes of Climate Change and distinguish its impacts in relation to different countries and generations
- Understand the legal principles, rules and institutions of the international climate change regime
- Explain how markets function and fail by applying the Theory of Externalities
- Compare and contrast Taxes and Cap-and-Trade, with a focus on efficiency and effectiveness
- Demonstrate intercultural awareness and sensitivity to the social and economic perspectives of other nations.
Week 1: Introduction to Climate Change and the Social 成本 of Carbon
Week 2: Evolution and Architecture of the 国际 Climate Change Regime
Week 3: Climate Change Policy and The Theory of Externalities
Week 4: How Prices Can Save the Global Climate: The Standard-Price-Approach.